A Green Sandwich Chutney Recipe (for making Mumbai street style sandwiches) with coriander & mint leaves and peanuts.
- Chopped coriander leaves – 4 cups (pressed)
- Mint leaves – 1 cup (pressed)
- Peanuts (unroasted) – 1 cup
- Cumin seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green chilies – 4
- Salt – 2 teaspoons
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Lemon juice (optional) – 2 teaspoons
- Wash & dry the coriander and mint leaves well, and roughly chop the coriander leaves well before measuring the greens out.
- In a mixer, blend the coriander & mint leaves, with 1 cup peanuts, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 4 green chilies, 2 tsp salt & 1.5 cups of water, till it forms a smooth paste.
- Once done, transfer into an air-tight glass container, and refrigerate if not using immediately. It will preserve better that way.
- This chutney, when preserved well, will last an entire week.
- You can add in lemon juice / extract if you want to store it for longer. I personally don’t, because I don’t like the taste, and I don’t need the chutney to last longer than a week or so.