Guacamole Recipe - Indian Style
quick, easy, healthy guacamole recipe for an indian style guacamole dip
In a bowl, mash the avocados to the desired consistency - smooth or chunky. I prefer smoother, creamier consistency.
Add in the extra virgin olive oil, ginger garlic paste, chopped green chillies, and mix well.
Then add in the chopped onions, tomatoes, salt, and mix well.
Taste for seasonings & salt, and adjust as needed.
Mix well and serve immediately.
Guacamole makes for a great creamy dip to serve with chips, spread over toast, or a side to serve along with tacos, quesadillas, and burritos.
- The only non-negotiable ingredient to make a good guacamole is perfectly ripe avocados. Check for ripeness by gently pressing the outside of the avocados. If there is no give, they aren’t ripe yet, if there is too much give, then they are over ripe, and the taste of the guac will be off. What we need is for the avocados to have just a little give when pressed.
- I personally don’t prefer the taste, but adding lemon juice to guacamole will add the acidity needed to balance the richness of avocados.
- You can also choose to add chopped coriander leaves for that fresh boost of flavor.
- I like a little more tomatoes than onions in my guac, but you can adjust the quantity of onions and tomatoes to suit your tastebuds.
- If you don’t have ginger garlic paste on hand, add 1 teaspoon each of chopped ginger & garlic.
- If you want to cut down the spice, but not skip it totally, sprinkle pepper powder instead of adding chopped green chillies to your guacamole.
- It’s best to make guacamole right before you want to eat it.
- But if for some reason you have to make it a little ahead of time, ensure to add lemon juice in the recipe & store it in a glass container, cover with plastic cling wrap, and press down the plastic cling wrap to squeeze out any air pockets, and ensure that absolutely no air is touching the exposed side of the guacamole.
Please note: The nutrition values are best estimates provided as a courtesy. The exact values can vary depending on the exact ingredients or brands used. If you rely on them for your specific diet and/or health issues, please consult a registered dietician or nutritionist.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 398mg | Potassium: 358mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 126IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg