Chicken Lollipop Recipe
step by step recipe for making restaurant style chicken lollipop at home from scratch
- 15 chicken lollipop pieces
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 tablespoon rice flour
- 2 tablespoon maida / all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon kashmiri chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon water adjust as needed
In a large bowl, mix together red chilli paste, ginger garlic paste, soy sauce, chilli vinegar, and salt.
Mix in the chicken lollipop pieces, and let the chicken marinate in the spice mix for 15-20 minutes.
In a bowl, mix together corn flour, rice flour, maida, red & kashmiri chilli powder, salt & pepper powder, and add the mix to the marinated chicken, along with some water, and mix everything together. Adjust the quantity of water required little by little as there will be some moisture from the earlier marinade.
The goal is to get a semi thick paste-like marinade, that you will need to ensure is applied somewhat evenly over the lollipop pieces right before frying them. You might also need to re-shape the lollipop pieces before spreading out the marinade on them, just before you fry them.
Frying Chicken Lollipops
In a frying pan, heat up the oil, and drop the lollipop pieces, a few at a time, so as to not overcrowd the pan, and fry for 5-7 minutes till the chicken has cooked, and has turned crisp and golden brown.
Sprinkle chaat masala, and serve with schezwan chutney or green chutney.
- If you don't have access to ready made chicken lollipop pieces, then you can make them at home from chicken wings. See video shared in the post above, or click here to see how to convert wings to lollipop.
- If you want a stronger garlic flavor, instead of using red chilli paste, you can use half and half of red chilli paste and chilli garlic paste or just substitute red chilli paste with chilli garlic paste.
- Some prefer to add egg in the second marinade, which will give you a runnier batter & a thicker coating on the chicken. Which is fine if you prefer that, but it will not look or taste like the authentic chicken lollipops available in the restaurants.
Calories: 1830kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 137g | Fat: 117g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 555mg | Sodium: 4354mg | Potassium: 1371mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 4232IU | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 9mg